As I got up early this morning (first time in a long time) to read my scriptures a very intriguing question popped into my mind.
It got me thinking…really thinking…
When am I evidence of God’s work? How am I evidence of God’s work? And how am I allowing God to work through me?
I think I am evidence of God’s work when I do these things:
– love unconditionally and without expectation of being loved back
– choose not to take offense when I am exposed to offensive behavior and hear offensive words directed at me. Choosing to forgive and let go
– not judge because it is not my place to judge anyone
– look for joy in the middle of the worse storm and not quit until I find it
– let go of fear and exercise the faith needed to bring down the miracle
– be positive around negative surroundings, people and situations
– have courage to stand for what is right, even if it means standing alone
– follow the promptings of the Spirit
– serve someone in a way they will see God through my service
– spend time in the words of God so they can be written in my heart, spoken in my words and lived in my doings
– live what I profess to believe…walk my talk
– wake up each morning and put myself in the hands of God and do His agenda
– give gratitude in everything that is happening, the blessings and the trials (blessings in disguise)
– pray about everything and listen to the reply
– accept God’s answer, even if it is not what I was hoping for
– take care of my body, spirit and mind…there are no replacements for those
– be more, grow into my potential every day
– be compassionate with everyone, I don’t know where they’ve been and where they are headed
– use the God-given knowledge I have received
– be more Christlike
The list is way longer than this. I choose to start here with these things I wrote down.
Am I evidence of God’s work?
Although I want to say a loud YES, I still have much work to do. It comfort’s me that most of the time yes, I am evidence of God’s work.
“Is your life evidence that God is in it with you?”
Another thought that just came to mind after I wrote this post…evidence is evidence 24/7, it doesn’t stop being evidence just because…working on that 😀